Gregg Bernstein, Senior Researcher at Vox, just published this pretty thorough and awesome description of the tools and methods he uses there for remote testing. Quick summary is below and you can read the full article here.
Calendly for scheduling
Slack for communicating
InVision for testing and collaboration
ScreenFlow for recording
Evernote for note taking
Google Apps for findable, archivable reports.
If You are So Inclined: The Book
- Overview of Remote Design Research by Anna Iurchenko
- Great article over on UX Mag that covers the methods and tools for conducting remote usability testing, incentives, automated and moderated methods, and the whole deal. Read more – ‘Overview of Remote Design Research by Anna Iurchenko’.
- Remote Research Tools in London
- If you’re in London this month, the folks at The Research Thing are putting on a Meetup to discuss remote research tools sponsored by WhatUsersDo. Here’s the description and lineup: Read more – ‘Remote Research Tools in London’.
- UX Days Tokyo Research Workshop
- Thanks for everyone who came to UX Days Tokyo this year. Below are all the materials from the talk and workshop, and you can always email me with any questions whatsoever. Workshop Binder (PDF) The Workshop Slides (PDF) Links to Tools The Truth About UX Research Talk Slides (PDF) Research Presentation Template (Keynote 6.5) Requires these fonts (ChunkFive is free and […] Read more – ‘UX Days Tokyo Research Workshop’.