Awesome article by our friends at UX Booth on some unexpected advantages of remote UX research by Kathleen Asjes. Love seeing thoughts like these and appreciate the shout-out to our tools section. Check out the full piece here: http://www.uxbooth.com/articles/hidden-benefits-remote-research/
If You are So Inclined: The Book
- Lookback – Mobile
- This new Lookback iOS app looks pretty slick but requires you to put code in your iOS app in order to use it. So if your developers are willing, which seems like a more common trend, you can try it out. It lets you record screen, webcam, and taps while running in the background of your own […] Read more – ‘Lookback – Mobile’.
- Screen Hero Collaborative Screen-Sharing
- Seems like Screen Hero could be a promising app for co-working exercises with participants. This new desktop app for Mac and Windows lets two people click on the same screen and sort of work together. Looks pretty slick. I could imagine some co-design or just a better reverse screen-sharing experience then GoToMeeting or WebEx. Read more – ‘Screen Hero Collaborative Screen-Sharing’.
- Class: How to run your own DIY usability tests with Loop11 and usertesting.com
- Looks like a cool online class for using usertesting.com and Loop11 by Eddie James who is located in Orlando but of course that doesn’t matter. Class is free and really what the heck might as well. Check out the info on Meetup.com. Read more – ‘Class: How to run your own DIY usability tests with Loop11 and usertesting.com’.