Pretty sweet piece on Medium by Laura Klein on the problems with recruiting participants in coffee shops for research. Laura doesn’t talk explicitly about the other options for recruiting, but it’s easy to imagine remote methods for recruiting being on the list of “not coffee shops.”
If You are So Inclined: The Book
- UX Days Tokyo Research Workshop
- Thanks for everyone who came to UX Days Tokyo this year. Below are all the materials from the talk and workshop, and you can always email me with any questions whatsoever. Workshop Binder (PDF) The Workshop Slides (PDF) Links to Tools The Truth About UX Research Talk Slides (PDF) Research Presentation Template (Keynote 6.5) Requires these fonts (ChunkFive is free and […] Read more – ‘UX Days Tokyo Research Workshop’.
- Hidden Benefits of Remote UX Research
- Awesome article by our friends at UX Booth on some unexpected advantages of remote UX research by Kathleen Asjes. Love seeing thoughts like these and appreciate the shout-out to our tools section. Check out the full piece here: http://www.uxbooth.com/articles/hidden-benefits-remote-research/ Read more – ‘Hidden Benefits of Remote UX Research’.
- Lookback – Mobile
- This new Lookback iOS app looks pretty slick but requires you to put code in your iOS app in order to use it. So if your developers are willing, which seems like a more common trend, you can try it out. It lets you record screen, webcam, and taps while running in the background of your own […] Read more – ‘Lookback – Mobile’.